Running on high octane or burning out big time?: "GETTING THE LEAST FROM YOUR STAFF
- Impose unreasonable demands.
- Refuse to give employees reasonable discretion over work.
- Fail to credit or acknowledge contributions and achievements.
- Create a treadmill -- too much to do, all at once, all the time.
- Create perpetual doubt, leaving workers unsure about future.
- Allow office politics to disrupt positive behaviour.
- Tolerate or foster unclear direction and job ambiguity.
- Reject, out of hand, employee workload concerns.
- Remember -- performance reviews (even positive ones) don't establish workers' role in the company's future. -- Global Business and Economic Roundtable on Addiction and Mental Health"